Sunday, September 5, 2010

Adventure time, in Germany!


September 5, 2010

Hello my wonderful friends from the States, Germany has been quite an adventure so far, an exciting, scary, breath taking, emotional, and an exhilarating adventure. Getting here was my first adventure, my first short plane flight to Newark, New Jersey was a peace of cake. But after no sleep and not being able to sleep at all on the seven and a half hour flight to Berlin was pretty exhausting. But it was fine; I was just ready to get to the school. Trying to take the train, and call the school and my parents was the nightmare. Not knowing how to speak German or ask people for help was crazy, and missing my train stop at Lobau was not very successful. God was certainly with me along the way though, He placed amazingly sweet people along the way. So many people would help me carry my bags and direct me to the right ways, and even the local Germans would joke with me about “silly German telephones”. Finally, I got to Lobau, which was where I was supposed to be picked up.  But no one was there to pick me up, and so I kind of freaked out. But then this super nice man let me borrow his phone and call the school, and finally someone came and picked me up.
            Walking over the bridge to the castle through a sea of students was quite intimidating, but within minutes I made really nice friends. I’m staying in a room on the third floor at the castle with five other lovely and captivating girls, and they all are incredible. To my favor, most people here speak German. So I’ve barely been struggling. Our meals have consisted of sausage, sausage, and noodles. Quite delicious though!
            Herrnhut, Germany is riveting, but it is not Virginia. And I miss you all so much, but I know that here is where God to be, its where He is going to use me. And so I’m willing to give Him my next seven months, my time, my energy, my love, and my all.

-Eleanor Wynne

4 comments:

  1. Aw, Ellie! So sweet. I miss you already! Ill be praying for you and your attempts of learning Germany. Stay safe and my ball of sunshine. Love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memories in the making. You my sweet dear girl will do fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I am guessing you are probably clueless as to who Morningstar is....Its the name of our homeschool and our blog. Hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful G_d adventure!!!!

    ReplyDelete