Sunday, August 31, 2014

because God told me so

To trust God in the little silly things can be a challenge for me. This past August God showed me His faithfulness when I let loose of this challenge.

Just a few Sunday's ago I was on my way to Church on an empty stomach, and I was craving a croissant for breakfast. I had two euros in my pocket. So I asked God, could I buy myself a croissant for breakfast? He said of course, so I picked out a croissant and ate it while I biked to church.

After worship our church normally has tithe and offering, and as they were passing around the basket I felt that God wanted me to put in the seventy cents of change I had from the croissant that morning. I thought God was being silly, what difference could seventy cents do? But He insisted, so I pulled the change out of my pocket and dropped it in the basket.

That day I rushed home to welcome two guests that was going to stay at our YWAM hospitality flat. It was a couple who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in Paris! They are pastors from Minnesota. After explaining the flat to them and getting them settled in they asked if I wouldn't mind taking them out to the city for a bit of site seeing and that they would happily treat me to dinner. Being a missionary who lives off of support, I said yes rather quickly. 

We had such a great time exploring Notre Dame and the Louvre. Before I knew it, it was dinner time and so we found an adorable french cafe. I was so blessed that night, I ate delicious food and even had a creme bru lei for dessert!

The next day they invited me to come along their adventure again, and that they could buy me something to eat again. After that day it was a ripple effect of God's provision. I ended up not buying a single meal, including breakfast, for the next six meals! That was about 2 and a half days of God taking care of my belly!

I really felt like God wanted to remind me that it's about including Him in my day. Asking Him questions, and doing the little things He asks just because He says so.

With trust and release comes the blessings, comes the provision. I'm not saying that God provided my meals because I gave seventy cents to church, but just because God sees my heart. And He loves to pursue me and take care of me.

So be encouraged, ask God what He wanted you to do with the little things. Prepare to smile and be encouraged by His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment