Saturday, June 22, 2013

to be: Faithful


Before coming back to Paris people would ask me questions. 

What was my actual goal in joining a missions organization, what did I really believe God wanted to do in my life? Do I have a desire to build a ministry; do I want to forever be a missionary, or my favorite question, what kind of need is there in a Western country like France?

I would try my best to give them a simple answer, and of course it was always accompanied by a verse.

“Well, all I know is right now is that I am young, single, no babies, no wrinkles or aching bones, I might as well give my all and follow God wherever He takes me and do whatever He asks me while I have this freedom right?”

Ecclesiasties 12:1-3 Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.” Remember him before the light of the sun, moon, and stars is dim to your old eyes, and rain clouds continually darken your sky. Remember him before your legs the guards of your house start to tremble; and before your shoulders the strong men stoop. Remember him before your teeth your few remaining servants stop grinding; and before your eyes—the women looking through the windows see dimly.”

Usually people would just laugh at me and tell me that’s easy to say now. I wonder what they were really thinking, what they really wanted to say.

So here my best friend, my Lord, my God has taken me. I am in my third month of making beds, stumbling in the process of the French language, playing with Parisian kids in the park, and making a slight dent through prayer and determination in one of the most influential cities in the world, Paris.

When we are faithful to Him, He is faithful to us.

Deuteronomy 7:9
 “Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments.”

You ask me what I am doing with my life, I am giving all that my human self is capable of giving to my Maker who gave His all for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment