Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Arrivée à Paris!

            Hey there folks! Ellie is alive and well in Paris! Took me twenty-one hours to get here, but yet I still made it in one piece! Of course I made lovely French friends on the plane, they nick named me “The States”. Represent!  Getting through customs was not scary what so ever. As soon as I showed my passport to the French customs, he read it out loud my name and spoke something jokingly in French to the other custom guy, and then told me that they thought my name was “Very pretty!” So rather the usual intense interrogation, the customs men just flirted with me! I think I like French people!
            I had a lovely tour from the beautiful Amber, my DTS School Leader. I can see the Eifel Tower from my neighborhood! It’s very far off in the distance, but still, saw it with my own two eyes! She took me to my new abode, which is a Studio Flat. Everything is in the same room, the kitchen is in my living room, my living room is in my bedroom, and fortunately my bathroom has a sliding door! I have no roommates yet, but I think the apartment is just a temporary home. So no getting attached to it yet!
            I found out also today that I am currently the only staff, which will be crazy, but challenging in an amazing way.  We have exactly twenty-one students, mostly girls and six boys! I always say to God, no matter how difficult it is the first time, when faced with a challenge once, I always know I can do it a second time even better. So no worries!
            Today I am going to go explore the city on my own, and grocery shop! It’s going to get some getting used to, being independent, but with God’s grace I’m sure I won’t get lost and He will help me get better at directions! 
            I am quickly getting captivated by the city life, and the French culture, God certainly did an amazing job on creating these people! I miss everyone at home very much, but God is my best friend and He keeps me company always! Hope you are having a sunshine filled day!

Prayer Points:

*Financial Provision-Still need quite a few people to be committed to support me monthly (paypal account eleclaire@aol.com)
* That I grow in being independent. Being an extrovert in a small base is difficult, but God certainly makes up for everything I need!
*For peace and trust in God. Lots of stuff to prepare for the DTS in short time!

            -Eleanor

2 comments:

  1. Ellie your place is adorable! And that view! Praying for you! You are an amazing woman after Gods heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is!! I really like it! I wake up to the sunrise!! Although it doesn't come up until 8am!!! Can't help it He is my heart :)

      Delete